#SOCIALintheCITY: What’s New at Wanderlust Whistler?
Wanderlust, producers of the largest yoga lifestyle events in the world, returns Whistler, July 30-August 3. The five-day festival allows attendees to choose their own adventure from a variety of activities including yoga, live music, meditation, explorative hikes, kayaking, running treks, fine dining and more.
What’s New and Not To Be Missed at Wanderlust Whistler 2015?
- More Meditation: Due to popular demand, there are more meditation classes than ever before at Wanderlust Stratton, allowing attendees to unplug and truly reconnect with themselves. Beginners are welcome!
- Musical Performances: Get down with live performances featuring the one and only Michael Franti, the sheer exuberance of The High and Mighty Brass Band, the good vibes of Nahko & Medicine for the People , MC Yogi’s positive hip-pop and many more.
- Brand New Black Light Venue: This new space adds an extra sensory dimension to classes aimed at expanding horizons both mental and physical. Shine bright by wearing crisp whites or neons!
- Soulscape Classes: This yoga practice led by Gina Caputo and accompanied by our DJs powerful, exclusive playlists is designed to dissolve hardened boundaries and unwind the tension. Classes devoted entirely to the music of Pink Floyd, and The Police are on this year’s roster.
- Laughter Yoga: A playful and interactive laughter yoga class that will get you moving off your yoga matt and give you a real abs workout from all the laughing!
- TY KU Sake Tastings: On Thursday and Friday late afternoons, sample four types of award winning sake and learn how to craft unique cocktails.
- Speakeasy Talks: Get inspired by our lecture program featuring today’s thought leaders start-up visionary and founder of Treehugger.com and LifeEdited.com, Graham Hill; Nourished Kitchen founder Jennifer McGruther, Master Fermentationist and herbalist Summer Bock, yoga clothing designer Brenda Holmes and more.
- Seane Corn and Michael Franti Class: This energetic class is great for all levels of experience, ages, shapes and sizes. The class will be guided by Seane’s heart-felt instruction, and uplifted by Michael’s soulful singing.
- Tribal Body Marking and Movement: Alongside special guest Elana Meta, Amir Magal begins this partner class with exercises that incorporate acro yoga, Capoeira and balancing movements. From there, you’ll learn how to use his special pens and markers to create gorgeous designs on the body—bring your willingness to paint and be painted!
- Yogi Tribe: The last class of the entire event will be an all-out ecstatic celebration on the beach! Join MC Yogi, Amanda Giacomini, and the High & Mighty Brass Band to close the festival. This class will send participants back home feeling refreshed, fully energized, connected and inspired.
The Wanderlust Festival tour will continue beyond Whistler to wrap up in Tremblant, Quebec (Canada), August 20-23. For more information and tickets please visit: www.wanderlust.com/events
Wanderlust Festival, LLC is a producer of large-scale lifestyle festival events focusing on yoga, music and mindfulness. The company encompasses Wanderlust Festival, the largest multi-day yoga and music festivals in the world; Wanderlust 108, a one-day “mindful triathlon” taking place in urban parks across the US; Wanderlust Yoga, a reimagination of the yoga studio experience; and the Wanderlust Teacher Training, a yoga teacher training program inspired by the Wanderlust festival experience. In 2015, Wanderlust will produce over 25 events across the world centered around its core mission: to help you Find Your True North – to cultivate your best self. The company was founded in 2009 as a joint venture between Velour Music Group, C3 Presents and Starr Hill Presents. For more information, please visit http://wanderlust.com/yoga-festivals/
Become a fan of Wanderlust at www.facebook.com/wanderlust
Wanderlust brings together a remarkable group of yoga and meditation instructors, musical performers, speakers, artists and chefs for a transformational retreat at Whistler Blackcomb resort in Whistler, British Columbia. This is an experience that will get into your mind, body and soul. And here at Social City Networking, it’s one of our absolute favorite local festivals ever – we have never had such incredible cOMMMunity experiences at any other festival yet!
Regardless of what starts you on your path, Wanderlust is an experience that will leave you different than when you came — with new ideas, new friends, newly-discovered abilities, and greater peace. Trust us, and join us in getting #SOCIALintheCITY + #FindYourTrueNorth.
Share you SOCIAL experiences at #WanderlustFest with us – use the hashtag #SOCIALintheCITY in your post, and we’ll re-post!
Social City Networking INC. – For all things SOCIAL in your CITY.
Social City Networking INC.: SOCIAL in the CITY 2015